The cloud is an online environment, naturally inclined to the sharing of resources. It is a way of storing data and accessing programs over the internet, rather than on a computer’s hard drive.
Many commonly used programs, such as Xero, use the cloud to enable you to store, access and share your accounting data easily.
Moving to the cloud is not always an easy decision. You need to consider how much of your infrastructure can be virtualised. Once outlined, you then need to assess if all the parts will continue to work together in their new home.
As a cloud provider, we help you make the best choice for your business. This will be either a complete cloud move or a hybrid model. On a hybrid model, you keep some of your applications in-house.
Why Migrate to the Cloud?
Cloud computing delivers a range of services over the Internet. These include servers, storage, software, and analytics. Many businesses are turning towards the cloud. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Cost-effective: decrease in power usage, maintenance, and upgrade costs
- Scalable: easily ramp your systems up or down to accommodate changing needs
- Economical: less storage and rack space required
- Managed: proactive system monitoring
- Secure: robust backup and disaster recovery
- Mobile: supports your workforce from any device, time or place
- Collaborative: easy to share, edit and save documents and projects
- Integrated: applications work with each other, creating new efficiencies.
Whether you’re considering moving to the cloud for the first time, or you need someone to manage your exisitng infrastructure, we’re here to help you.