The cloud is an online environment, naturally inclined to the sharing of resources. It is a way of storing data and accessing programs over the internet, rather than on a computer’s hard drive.
Many commonly used programs, such as Xero, use the cloud to enable you to store, access and share your accounting data easily.
Moving to the cloud is not always an easy decision. You need to consider how much of your infrastructure can be virtualised. Once outlined, you then need to assess if all the parts will continue to work together in their new home.
As a cloud provider, we help you make the best choice for your business. This will be either a complete cloud move or a hybrid model. On a hybrid model, you keep some of your applications in-house.
Why Migrate to the Cloud?
Cloud computing delivers a range of services over the Internet. These include servers, storage, software and analytics. Many businesses are turning towards the cloud. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Cost-effective: decrease in power usage, maintenance and upgrade costs
- Scalable: easily ramp your systems up or down to accommodate changing needs
- Economical: less storage and rack space required
- Managed: proactive system monitoring
- Secure: robust back-up and disaster recovery
- Mobile: supports your workforce from any device, time or place
- Collaborative: easy to share, edit and save documents and projects
- Integrated: applications work with each other, creating new efficiencies.
As Marketing Coordinator my focus is to showcase Breakwater IT and the solutions we offer to support businesses with their IT infrastructure. Within my role I develop and give voice to the Breakwater IT brand across various marketing channels, by supporting local communities and through our own events programme.View my profile >
Elevating a charity to the cloud