Microsoft 365 and Teams, helping your business work together
Microsoft 365 is not just a series of products to aid collaboration and teamwork, it also signifies a shift in the way we are working.
Here are some of the key changes, observed by Microsoft, in the way we now approach our work…
- Groups instead of distribution lists
- Chat instead of email
- Working in the cloud
- Mobile working
- Sending links not attachments
- More external partners in our group communications.
Using some of the core Microsoft 365 products can help support these new ways of working, driving collaboration and teamwork:
- Microsoft Teams
- Office Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
The really handy thing about Microsoft 365 is that each of these applications is built to interact with the other. This means it is easy to talk in Teams or Yammer whilst sharing information created in SharePoint or Office Apps.
What Teams has to offer
Teams is the online hub for project work within Microsoft 365.
It includes lots of tools for making the exchange of information really straightforward including chat, meetings, voice and video. In bringing together conversations, notes, meetings and files, Teams allows you to talk to anyone inside or outside your organisation.
You can use Teams to
- Integrate with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and SharePoint so you have all the information you need
- Co-author and share files and edits
- Receive notifications about recent activity
- Organise your work by project or topic
- Embed files or images into chat
- Host audio, video and web conferences
- Make the most of features including note taking, desktop sharing and chat messaging
- Prepare for meetings by proposing topics for discussion and catch up on meeting notes.
My specialism is Windows desktop, server and application support, with an in depth knowledge of customer sites and software requirements.View my profile >
Thank you for the feedback in June - 99.45% happy clients